|Contact name:||Gareth McCafferty|
|Published:||about 1 month ago|
MEP Service Manager
My client is a recognised specialist in the Building Services Sector, covering all areas of project deliverables from Pre-Construction planning & design through to Services Management, Commissioning, Assurance and Asset Management. The business has been going from strength to strength in the past 10 years and are delivering new build projects Hospitals, Data Centres, Commercial, Education, Retail and Defence.
With a large presence in Sydney as their HQ, they are looking for someone on the ground in Melbourne to manage their VIC projects and act as the key point of contact for clients and provide the technical support needed on their key projects. For the most part you will be required to go to manage your own time between the various sites and liaising with the builders and sub-contractors and the rest of the time whilst not on site you would be working from home.
In this position you will be reporting to the General Manager who is Sydney based and will be working closely & collaboratively with the services engineers in NSW.
- Liaising with subcontractors on their scope of work
- Ensure the compliance is reflected in the building services documentation to the approval of the authority.
- Ensure the design intent is properly executed on site for successful certification of the Project.
- Advise the Client on variation claims submitted by services contractors.
- Continuously monitor the progress of design work against the tender schedule. Determine and make recommendations to the Project Manager on any appropriate corrective actions necessary when targets are at risk of not being achieved. Ensure thorough and complete forward planning is maintained and potential delays avoided.
- Supervising services trade contractors and assist in technical and procedural problems
- Achieve or exceed the work health and safety standards
- Manage site specific testing and commissioning procedures
- At least 6 years’ experience with a builder or engineering consultancy, (Australian experience needed)
- Experience managing MEP services in a site-based role for a head contractor, commissioning agent or Sub-Contractor.
- Solid technical understanding of building services and coordination
- Engineering degree advantageous but not essential
- The ability to read and explain design documentation and drawings
- Experience leading and supervising multi-discipline projects technically or on site
- A positive can-do attitude and the ability to think outside the box
- University or educational project experience is an advantage
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- 5 days per week, if you have to work weekend you’ll receive time in Lieu.
- Excellent career path
- Opportunity to work on several other large-scale projects
- Take career to next level working for one of Australia’s leading Services Management Consultancies
- Opportunity to lead and grow the Melbourne office for the right candidate
For more information please call Gareth on 0403 625 836, or send a detailed CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Electrical Engineer
: Melbourne : $ $120,000 - $150,000
Senior Electrical Engineer Senior Engineer f...
- Civil Project Leader
: Sydney : $ $110,000 - $130,000
Our client began as a small team of talented st...
- Hydraulic Engineer
: Sydney : $ $90,000 - $120,000
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy...